Friday, November 6, 2009

Nobody likes me...(I'm exaggerating of course!)

Before I left my job in August everyone told me to keep in touch. Because I actually like my co-workers I took this fairly seriously and I had every intention of keeping in touch. One co-worker told me that it would never happen. She said once you leave, that's it, people forget about you and you forget about them and it never happens.

Well, I was determined not to let that happen to me. Mostly because I've had some awesome relationships with all types of people since college and many of them I have not maintained. This is something I really regret that.

I'm older and wiser now so I'm really making the effort to keep in contact with all sorts of people, mostly by email and text. I communicate with my former co-workers this way as well, but with some we actually hang out. I'm having dinner with some co-workers on Sunday. They're cooking! Whoo hoo!

Anyway, recently, I've sent out some emails detailing my experiences and asking people how they are doing. Some folks didn't respond and yes, my feelings were hurt. Sniff, sniff.

So, I told my friend Brandon, who also used to work at super duper top secret company. Yet again, he comes up with something creative that I just totally walked into:

Me: Well, it's finally happened, just like people predicted. I'm emailing folks at super duper top secret company & no one is emailing me back. I'm officially out the group. They're ignoring me...

Brandon: Well, if everyone else is ignoring you, I guess I should, too.

Me: *Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment