Sunday, November 8, 2009

Here's all my business out on the street!


They're finally making some progress on the Public Health Care bill!!!

I'm 100% for reduced health care coverage. I'm not sure if the government is the right medium for this effort because they have a tendency to screw everything up and I know it's gonna cost waaaay more than they think but right now it's the better option. Giving this responsibility to any other entity would lead to that entity wanting to produce a profit and then we're back to where we started.

So, anyway, I'm gonna put all my business out on the street and tell you people everything because I think it's important for people to know.

I don't have health insurance.

I don't have health insurance because I CAN'T AFFORD IT. Good coverage is expensive.

It sucks to be 'poor' and 'low-income' and not have health insurance.

It's a terrible feeling and I hate it.

As a future health care worker I have to be immunized for mumps, measles, Hepatitis B, varicella (chicken pox), etc. Because I'm not insured I had to go a clinic. I went to the clinic at 9am, waited, paid the fees, ate my snack and waited, went to a variety of desks, waited, talked to a bunch of people, ate lunch and waited some more, left to run a quick errand, came back and filled out a ton of paperwork, waited some more, talked to a lady, waited again and left at 2 pm.

BUT I STILL DIDN'T GET IMMUNIZED. It was five hours of nothing! Five hours of waiting and waiting and waiting! They were so backed up they told me I would be there at least another 2 hours. So, I asked to go home and return another day.

This should NOT happen to anyone. Not here in America where EVERYTHING is so plentiful.

This whole thing is a mess. The current system and the proposed system. It's all a wreck.

I hope they figure out something because I remember the days when I had good insurance...it was a really good feeling.

Right now it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment