Thursday, February 3, 2011

Graduation is around the corner

I'm a member of the Board of our school's Master of Occupational Therapy Club. We decided to welcome the incoming occupational therapy students with treats and snacks. I thought it was very thoughtful of us.

In April, we have our third, and final, Level I Fieldwork. This fieldwork is Adult Physical Dysfunction, such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Cerebrovascular Accidents (Stroke), etc. After that it's Level II Fieldwork...whoo hoo, SCARY! And then after that, it's GRADUATION. I don't think you understand how excited, and nervous, I am to graduate.

Excited, because, well, it'll be the end of my life as a Master's student and I'm completely ready for that. School is physically, emotionally, and mentally taxing and I'm just downright...tired. I need a break.

I'm nervous because it'll be the end of my life as a Master's student (haha, same reason) and the beginning as an Occupational Therapist professional. Everything that I've been studying and waiting and hoping and praying for will come to be around this time next year. That's amazing.

I'll have to study for the Board and start preparing to life my life as a professional. This is my second career and it's pretty exciting...and scary.

Wow.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck entering the real world! If you need career advice and information on job openings, check out ADVANCE for Occupational Therapy Practitioners. We also have a lot of fun ideas for celebrating OT's during April's OT Month.

    ReplyDelete