Monday, August 31, 2009

Tomorrow is Monday and I have no job

The first day of class starts in less than 2 days. I have a full schedule-17 hours. I know what you're thinking 'Wow, she's crazy! 17 hours her first semester in grad school!' Well, I'm crazy but not THAT crazy. In order to graduate on time and move with your class you must take specific classes in a specific order and at a specific time. In other words, I have no choice. But my motto is that there are lots of folks who went through this program before me and they all passed this program just fine. That means I can do it too.

Here's my Fall 2009 class schedule (drum roll please):

Gross Anatomy Lecture
Gross Anatomy Lab (this is where we get to dissect and inspect cadavers! whoo hoo!)
Movement Analysis Lecture
Movement Analysis Lab
Physiology of Disease Lecture
Physiology of Disease Lab
Occupational Therapy Process
Ethics, Policy & Advocacy (very important! a major tenet of OT)

As you can see I have a lot of biology courses. I'm really looking forward to this as Biology is one of my favorite subjects. They all involve familiarity with the cadavers and I suspect this will be an interesting semester. Naturally, grad school biology is another level of biology as this is the foundation for my livelihood. I'm all grown up now...

Tomorrow I have to go to the school to get the books for all these classes and meet with my advisor. I wish now that I had ordered the books online 2 weeks ago. There's a reason why I didn't do this and involves financial aid--enough said. Perhaps there is still time for this if I strategically plan the next few days. Ordering online would save a buck or two. This is even more important now that I have no job.

Gasp! Tomorrow is Monday and I don't have to go to work! Waking up tomorrow will be...different.

1 comment:

  1. Big ups to Half.com
    They gave me the hook up more than a couple of times...sorry to hear they bookstore got you so good this first round back--make you wanna drop out before you even get going!

    ReplyDelete