Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First Level II

I started my first Level II today! Whooooooo...scaaaaaary. But, so far, l'm loving it! It's only been one day, but still...

All day, I kept thing that this is it. This is LEVEL II. I finish this fieldwork in August and then I start the second Level II and then...graduation...and then real life. I'm a second career occupational therapist, I don't know why I treat this as if it's my first job.

More importantly, this is Level II and this is the real thing. My last three Level I's were more like practice. I observed and I asked questions. I performed some evaluations, planning and interventions but not every day and not with every patient. This time, however, it's a bit different. The first 2-3 week will be observing, asking questions and working with a few patients. But, by week 6, both my school and my CI (clinical instructor) will expect me to have a caseload, as in a minimum of 8 patients that are my own. My CI reviews everything I do, of course, but for the most part there will be many, many, many times when I am alone with the patient and need to use my professionalism, knowledge and clinical reasoning/judgment.

Thankfully, this will be an interesting and fun experience. I can't wait to get into the groove of things. I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment