Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm so so busy!

I always feel so badly about not posting any new content. Like I've called in sick for work or something. I was so excited about this blog in the beginning of my OT journey and although I'm still so very excited I HAVE NO TIME!

So for all those applying for OT school just be aware that your priorities will change. You may spend less time with your boyfriend, best friend(s) and family than you would like. Your social life will change and for a few semesters you just have to accept that.

If you're really serious about learning the content and really understanding it and doing well in school then some things will have to take a backseat for awhile. Your life becomes study, study, study, sleep, sleep, sleep. It's all worth it in the end...at least that's the way I see it.

I have to really plan to make time for my friends and family, whereas before I would just call and say 'hey let's do X." Now I have to make sure that I don't have an exam or paper coming up because if I do then I can't just kick it the way I would like. Sometimes I go places and I have to just show my face, (eat, haha), and leave. I find myself nodding off around 11pm! Maybe it's just age...I don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment